Caregivers, we praise, honor, and salute you! You are a lifeline for your loved one and with devotion and diligence, you sustain them in both happiness and duress. As a leading provider of home care in Warren, NJ, we know the responsibilities can seem as great as the rewards at times. Here, we share with you just a sampling of the many resources available to caregivers.
This website features free, professionally-filmed videos on various aspects of aging. There are three video categories: Alzheimer’s, Caregiving, and Now Playing. Each video uses real people in real-life situations. Films have a documentary format, and provide instruction, tips, and education.
- Alzheimer’s Series – Covers living with Alzheimer’s disease. Videos show how to simplify tasks and communicate effectively.
- Caregiving Series – Discusses stroke, fall prevention, lifting technique, infection control, and advance directives on end-of-life issues.
- Now Playing – Presents endearing stories of people who maintain their joy, despite physical challenges.
This website will become a caregiver’s best friend. Here are the features of this comprehensive resource:
- Caregiver Forum – Connect with other caregivers through this online support group. You can ask questions, receive advice, read inspiring stories, or start a discussion.
- Caregiver Support – This section gives tips on handling the challenges of caregiving. Topics include caregiver stress, burnout, and family issues.
- Elder Care – This is a how-to for handling tricky aspects of senior care. Subjects include fall risks, nutritional shakes, and coaxing cooperation. There is an overview of common conditions and diseases of aging, and it includes pointers on helping a loved one with their daily care and products that make senior care easier.
If you are a caregiver who enjoys reading, checkout Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Caregivers: 101 Stories of Love, Sacrifice, and Bonding, by Joan Lunden and Amy Newmark.
Chances are, you’ve heard of Joan Lunden, journalist, author, and television host. In this book, she’s collected caregiver stories that will give you strength, comfort, and inspiration. Amazon.com sells it in Kindle format for $8.89, and as a paperback for $11.10.
An internet connection puts a plethora of caregiver resources right at your fingertips. With the touch of a button, you can find exactly what you or your elderly loved one needs. Even with loads of resources, every caregiver needs a break from time to time. To inquire about hourly caregivers in Warren who can provide periods of respite, call Home Care Assistance at (908) 450-9400 to speak with a qualified Care Manager.